Use the following getting started sequence to migrate your entire Tenable Appliance deployment.
To get started with your Tenable Appliance to Tenable Core migration:
If your deployment includes multiple instances of Tenable Appliance, plan your migration sequence.
You must migrate instances of Tenable Appliance individually to Tenable Core. Tenable does not support a bulk migration for multiple instances.
If you have multiple Tenable Appliance instances supporting different applications, Tenable recommends migrating in the following order:
- All Tenable Appliance + Tenable.sc instances
- All Tenable Appliance + Nessus instances
- All Tenable Appliance + Nessus Network Monitor instances
Note: You cannot change applications during the migration process. For example, you can only migrate Nessus on Tenable Appliance to an instance of Tenable Core + Nessus.
If you need to change versions, see Version Requirements.
For more information about migrating multiple instances of Tenable Appliance, see Considerations for Large Deployments.
- Choose the migration method you plan to use for each individual instance of Tenable Appliance:
- If your deployment includes one or more instances of Tenable Appliance + Tenable.sc, migrate all of your Tenable.sc instances individually:
- If your deployment includes one or more instances of Tenable Appliance + Nessus, migrate all of your Nessus instances individually:
- If your deployment includes one or more instances of Tenable Appliance + NNM, migrate all of your NNM instances individually: