Configure Tenable Nessus
When you access Tenable Nessus in a browser, a warning appears to regard a connection privacy problem, an untrusted site, an unsecure connection, or a related security certificate issue. This is normal behavior. Tenable Nessus provides a self-signed SSL certificate.
Refer to the Security Warnings section for steps necessary to bypass the SSL warnings.
Note: Depending on your environment, plugin configuration and initialization can take several minutes.
To configure Tenable Core + Tenable Nessus, see Deploy or Install Tenable Core in the Tenable Core+ Tenable Nessus User Guide.
Before you begin:
To configure Tenable Nessus:
Follow the Install Tenable Nessus instructions to open to the Welcome to Nessus screen in your browser.
On the Welcome to Nessus screen, select how you want to deploy Tenable Nessus.
- Follow the configuration steps for your selected product:
- Install Tenable Nessus Essentials, Professional, Expert, or Manager
- Activate a Tenable Nessus Professional or Tenable Nessus Expert Trial
- Link to Tenable Vulnerability Management
- Link to Tenable Security Center
- Link to Tenable Nessus Manager
- Link a Node (Tenable Nessus Manager cluster)
- Manage Tenable Nessus Offline