Recently Viewed Topics
Welcome to Nessus
Last updated: August 17, 2017
Tip: If you are new to Nessus, see the Nessus Workflow.
Tenable.io is a subscription based license and is available at the Tenable Store.
Tenable.io enables security and audit teams to share multiple Nessus scanners, scan schedules, scan policies and most importantly scan results among an unlimited set of users or groups.
By making different resources available for sharing among users and groups, Tenable.io allows for endless possibilities for creating highly customized work flows for your vulnerability management program, regardless of locations, complexity, or any of the numerous regulatory or compliance drivers that demand keeping your business secure.
In addition, Tenable.io can control multiple Nessus scanners, schedule scans, push policies and view scan findings—all from the cloud, enabling the deployment of Nessus scanners throughout your network to multiple physical locations, or even public or private clouds.
The Tenable.io subscription includes:
- Unlimited scanning of your perimeter systems
- Web application audits
- Ability to prepare for security assessments against current PCI standards
- Up to 2 quarterly report submissions for PCI ASV validation through Tenable Network Security.
- 24/7 access to the Tenable Network Security Support Portal for Nessus knowledgebase and support ticket creation
Nessus Professional, the industry’s most widely deployed vulnerability assessment solution helps you reduce your organization’s attack surface and ensure compliance. Nessus features high-speed asset discovery, configuration auditing, target profiling, malware detection, sensitive data discovery, and more.
Nessus supports more technologies than competitive solutions, scanning operating systems, network devices, hypervisors, databases, web servers, and critical infrastructure for vulnerabilities, threats, and compliance violations.
With the world’s largest continuously-updated library of vulnerability and configuration checks, and the support of Tenable Network Security’s expert vulnerability research team, Nessus sets the standard for vulnerability scanning speed and accuracy.
Nessus Agents, available with Tenable.io and Nessus Manager, increase scan flexibility by making it easy to scan assets without needing ongoing host credentials or assets that are offline, as well as enable large-scale concurrent scanning with little network impact.
Why Use Nessus Agents?
- Supported by all major operating systems
- The performance overhead of agents is minimal, and because agents rely on local host resources, they can potentially reduce your overall network scanning overhead
- Eliminate the need to manage credentials for vulnerability scanning
- Can be deployed using most software management systems
- Automatically updated, so maintenance is minimal
- Designed to be highly secure, leveraging encryption to protect your data
- Scanning of laptops or other transient devices that are not always connected to the local network
Nessus Manager combines the powerful detection, scanning, and auditing features of Nessus, the world’s most widely deployed vulnerability scanner, with extensive management and collaboration functions to reduce your attack surface.
Nessus Manager enables the sharing of resources including Nessus scanners, scan schedules, policies, and scan results among multiple users or groups. Users can engage and share resources and responsibilities with their co-workers; system owners, internal auditors, risk and compliance personnel, IT administrators, network admins and security analysts. These collaborative features reduce the time and cost of security scanning and compliance auditing by streamlining scanning, malware and misconfiguration discovery, and remediation.
Nessus Manager protects physical, virtual, mobile and cloud environments. Nessus Manager is available for on-premises deployment or from the cloud, as Tenable.io. Nessus Manager supports the widest range of systems, devices and assets, and with both agent-less and Nessus Agent deployment options, easily extends to mobile, transient and other hard-to-reach environments.