Recently Viewed Topics
Install Nessus on Windows
Caution: If you install a Nessus Agent, Manager, or Scanner on a system with an existing Nessus Agent, Manager, or Scanner running
nessusd, the installation process will kill all other
nessusd processes. You may lose scan data as a result.
Note: See the Windows Installation video for a tutorial of this process.
Download Nessus Package File
For details, refer to the Product Download topic.
Start Nessus Installation
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Nessus installer.
- Next, double-click the file name to start the installation process.
Complete the Windows InstallShield Wizard
- First, the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Tenable, Inc. Nessus screen appears. Select Next to continue.
- On the License Agreement screen, read the terms of the Tenable, Inc. Nessus software license and subscription agreement.
- Select the I accept the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next.
- On the Destination Folder screen, select the Next button to accept the default installation folder. Otherwise, select the Change button to install Nessus to a different folder.
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, select the Install button.
The Installing Tenable, Inc. Nessus screen will be displayed and a Status indication bar will illustrate the installation progress. The process may take several minutes.
If presented, Install WinPcap
As part of the Nessus installation process, WinPcap needs to be installed. If WinPcap was previously installed as part of another network application, the following steps will not appear, and you will continue with the installation of Nessus.
- On the Welcome to the WinPcap Setup Wizard screen, select the Next button.
- On the WinPcap License Agreement screen, read the terms of the license agreement, and then select the I Agree button to continue.
- On the WinPcap Installation options screen, ensure that the Automatically start the WinPcap driver at boot time option is checked, and then select the Install button.
- On the Completing the WinPcap Setup Wizard screen, select the Finish button.
TheTenable Nessus InstallShield Wizard Completed screen appears.
- Select the Finish button.
After the InstallShield Wizard completes, the Welcome to Nessus page loads in your default browser.
Perform the remaining Nessus installation steps in your web browser.