Configure and View the System Tray Application
The installation package for Nessus Agents 7.0.3 and later on Windows includes an optional system tray application that displays the status of your agent. You can enable the system tray application when you perform a custom installation.
To include the system tray application in your installation:
During the installation process, on the Setup Type page, select Custom.
The Custom Setup page appears. By default, the system tray application is excluded from the installation package.
Click the System Tray Application drop-down box.
- Click This feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Continue with the InstallShield Wizard to complete the installation.
To view the system tray application:
- In your system tray, right-click the button.
In the drop-down menu, click About Nessus Agent.
The About Nessus Agent dialog box appears, which displays the following information about your agent:
- Nessus agent status: Displays the state of the Tenable Nessus Agent Service (Starting, Running, Paused, or Stopped).
- Scan status: Displays whether the agent is running a scan job on the endpoint (Scanning or Idle).
- Nessus agent version: Displays the version of the agent running on the endpoint (e.g., 7.0.3).
Pluginset ID: Displays the current plugin set available on the endpoint (e.g., 201802271350).