Migrate Agents to a Cluster
If you have a non-clustered instance of Nessus Manager with linked agents, you can migrate the linked agents to an existing cluster. After the agents successfully migrate to the cluster, the agents are then unlinked from their original Nessus Manager. Any agents that did not successfully migrate remain linked to the original Nessus Manager. The original Nessus Manager remains as a Nessus Manager instance and does not become part of the cluster.
Before you begin
Ensure there is an existing cluster available for the agents to migrate to. If you do not have an existing cluster, enable clustering on the Nessus Manager instance you want to act as the parent node for the cluster.
Get the linking key from the Nessus Manager parent node for the cluster you want the agents to migrate to.
To migrate agents to a cluster:
- Access a non-clustered instance of Nessus Manager with linked agents.
In the top navigation bar, click Sensors.
The Linked Agents page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Agent Clustering.
The Cluster Setup page appears and displays the Settings tab.
- Click the Cluster Migration tab.
- Complete the Cluster Information:
- Parent Node Hostname — Type the hostname or IP address of the Nessus Manager parent node of the cluster to which you are migrating.
- Parent Node Port — Type the port for the specified parent node host. The default is 8834.
- Parent Node Linking Key — Paste or type the linking key that you copied from the Nessus Manager parent node, as described in Get Linking Key from Parent Node.
- Enable Agent Migration — Select this check box to migrate agents to the cluster. Disable the check box to stop migrating agents, if agents are currently in the process of migrating.
Nessus Manager begins or stops migrating agents to the cluster, depending on whether you have selected Enable Agent Migration.
What to do next:
- Log in to the Nessus Manager parent node to manage linked Nessus Agents.