Create a New Scan from Scan Results
When you view scan results, you can select scanned hosts that you want to target in a new scan. When you create a new scan, Nessus automatically populates the targets with the hosts that you selected.
To create a new scan from scan results:
In the top navigation bar, click Scans.
The My Scans page appears.
- In the scans table, click the row of a completed scan.
The scan's results page appears.
- Click the Hosts tab.
Nessus displays a table of scanned hosts.
- Select the check box next to each host you want to scan in your new scan.
At the top of the page, the More button appears.
- Click the More button.
A drop-down box appears.
- Click Create Scan.
The Scan Templates page appears.
- Select a scan template for your new scan.
Nessus automatically populates the Targets list with the hosts you previously selected.
- Configure the rest of the scan settings, as described in Scan and Policy Settings.
Do one of the following:
To launch the scan immediately, click the button, and then click Launch.
Nessus saves and launches the scan.
- To launch the scan later, click the Save button.
Nessus saves the scan.