Tenable recommends the following sequence to deploy and get started with Tenable Core + Tenable Nessus Network Monitor.
To get started with Tenable Core:
- Confirm that your environment meets the requirements in Tenable Core Requirements. If necessary, prepare to increase your disk space after you deploy.
Deploy or install Tenable Core + Tenable Nessus Network Monitor.Note: You can also deploy Tenable Core using the command-line interface (CLI). For more information, see Deploy Tenable Core in Microsoft Azure via the CLI.
- (Optional) If Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is not available on the network where you deployed Tenable Core, configure an IP address for your Tenable Core + Tenable Nessus Network Monitor deployment.
Log in as a wizard user and create an administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator User Account.
- Log In to Tenable Core with your new administrator credentials.
- (Optional) If you want to create more user accounts, see Create New User Account.
- (Optional) If you want to configure Tenable Core to use a proxy server, see Configure a Proxy Server.
Configure Tenable Nessus Network Monitor to meet the specifications you want for your application.
For more information about configuring and operating Tenable Nessus Network Monitor, see the Nessus Network Monitor User Guide.
Configure and manage Tenable Core. To access the application interface, see Configure Tenable Core.