Tenable recommends the following sequence to deploy and get started with Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center.
To get started with Tenable Core:
- Confirm that your environment meets the requirements in Tenable Core Requirements. If necessary, prepare to increase your disk space after you deploy.
Deploy or install Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center.Note: You can also deploy Tenable Core using the command-line interface (CLI). For more information, see Deploy Tenable Core in Microsoft Azure via the CLI.
(Optional) If you want to increase your disk space to accommodate your organization's data storage needs, see Disk Management.
- (Optional) If Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is not available on the network where you deployed Tenable Core, configure an IP address for your Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center deployment.
(Optional) If necessary, log in as a wizard user and create an administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator User Account.Note: You must create an administrator account if you deployed Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center via one of the following methods:
- As a virtual machine
- On hardware
If you deployed Tenable Core Tenable Security Center in a cloud environment, and used the cloud native Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center template, you must Create a Password for the Initial Administrator User Account for your administrator account.
- Log In to Tenable Core with your new administrator credentials.
- (Optional) If you want to create more user accounts, see Create New User Account.
- (Optional) If you want to configure Tenable Core to use a proxy server, see Configure a Proxy Server.
Configure Tenable Security Center to meet the specifications you want for your application.
For more information about configuring and operating Tenable Security Center, see the Tenable Security Center User Guide.
Configure and manage Tenable Core. To access the application interface, see Configure Tenable Core.