Convert a Scan-specific Credential to a Managed Credential
Required Tenable Vulnerability Management User Role: Basic, Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Required Scan Permissions: Owner
A scan-specific credential can only be used in a single scan. To reuse a scan-specific credential in multiple scans, convert it to a managed credential.
To convert a scan-specific credential:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, in the Vulnerability Management section, click Scans.
The Scans page appears.
In the Folders section, click a folder to load the scans you want to view.
The scans table updates to display the scans in the folder you selected.
- In the scans table, click the scan you want to edit.
The Scan Details page appears.
- Next to the scan name, click the button.
The Update a Scan page appears.
In the left navigation menu, click Credentials.
A table of credentials configured for the scan appears.
- In the credentials table, click the scan-specific credential you want to convert.
The credential settings plane appears.
- Click the Save to Managed Credentials toggle.
The managed credential settings appear.
- In the first text box, type a name for the managed credential.
- (Optional) In the second text box, type a brief description of the managed credential.
- Configure user permissions for the managed credential.
- Click Save to save your credential changes.
Tenable Vulnerability Management closes the settings plane and adds the credential to the credentials table for the scan.
- Click Save to save your scan changes.