Edit a Tenable Vulnerability Management Scan Configuration
Required Tenable Vulnerability Management User Role: Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Required Scan Permissions: Can Configure
To edit a scan configuration:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, in the Vulnerability Management section, click Scans.
The Scans page appears.
In the Folders section, click a folder to load the scans you want to view.
The scans table updates to display the scans in the folder you selected.
(Optional) Search for the scan you want to edit. For more information, see Tenable Vulnerability Management Tables.
In the scans table, click the scan you want to edit.
The scan details appear.
Click the button next to the scan name.
The Edit a Scan page appears.
Change the scan configuration:
Tab Action Settings
Configure the settings available in the scan template.
- Basic Settings — Specifies the organizational and security-related aspects of a scan template. This includes specifying the name of the scan, its targets, whether you want to schedule the scan, and who has permissions for the scan.
- Discovery Settings — Specifies how a scan performs discovery and port scanning.
- Assessment Settings — Specifies how a scan identifies vulnerabilities, as well as what vulnerabilities are identified. This includes identifying malware, assessing the vulnerability of a system to brute force attacks, and the susceptibility of web applications.
- Report Settings — Specifies whether the scan generates a report.
- Advanced Settings — Specifies advanced controls for scan efficiency.
Specify credentials you want Tenable Vulnerability Management to use to perform a credentialed scan.
Compliance/SCAP Specify the platforms you want to audit. Tenable, Inc. provides best practice audits for each platform. Additionally, you can upload a custom audit file. Plugins Select security checks by plugin family or individual plugin.
Do one of the following:
If you want to save without launching the scan, click Save.
Tenable Vulnerability Management saves the scan.
If you want to save and launch the scan immediately, click Save & Launch.
Note: If you scheduled the scan to run at a later time, the Save & Launch option is not available.
Tenable Vulnerability Management saves and launches the scan.