Tenable Lumin Data Timing
You must run scans to generate vulnerability data for use in Tenable Lumin views.
- Time to Show Tenable Vulnerability Management Scan Result Data
- Time to Synchronize Data from Tenable Security Center
- Time to Calculate or Recalculate Your CES, Assessment Maturity, or Remediation Maturity Grade
Vulnerability data generated by Tenable Vulnerability Management scans appears in Tenable Lumin views immediately upon scan completion.
Newly generated data does not immediately impact your Tenable Lumin metrics (for example, your CES). Tenable requires more time to recalculate your metrics. For more information, see Time to Calculate or Recalculate Your CES, Assessment Maturity, or Remediation Maturity Grade.
Vulnerability and asset data synchronize differently to Tenable Vulnerability Management.
After you initiate a synchronization, Tenable Security Center immediately begins transferring data to Tenable Vulnerability Management. After 10-15 minutes, data begins appearing in Tenable Vulnerability Management.
Newly transferred data does not immediately impact your Tenable Lumin metrics (for example, your CES). Tenable requires
All data and recalculated Tenable Lumin metrics appear in Tenable Vulnerability Management within
|Asset data (tags in Tenable Vulnerability Management)
Manual (on-demand) synchronizations only.
For more information about Tenable Security Center synchronization, see Tenable One Synchronization in the Tenable Security Center User Guide.
Tenable Lumin takes 1-2 hours to calculate or recalculate your metrics after any of the following events:
- You run your first Tenable Vulnerability Management-configured scans after licensing Tenable Lumin.
- You initiate your first Tenable Security Center synchronization after licensing Tenable Lumin.
- Tenable Vulnerability Management runs a scan.
- Tenable Security Center runs a scan that imports new data to a synchronized repository.
Tip: Tenable Vulnerability Management calculates Tenable Lumin metrics based on your licensed assets seen in the last 90 days. If you change your scanning configuration (for example, you perform a recommended action to increase your Assessment Maturity grade), your changes influence the next scheduled recalculation, but take more time over the next 90 days to impact significantly and overhaul your metrics.