Configure Tenable Security Center
Before you begin:
- You must have Tenable Security Center 5.7+.
You must have the Security Manager role in Tenable Security Center.
Note: See the Tenable Security Center User Guide for information about user role configuration.
- Install the Tenable Plugin for JIRA.
- In JIRA, identify or create the project where you want the plugin to create vulnerability issues.
- You must have administrative access privileges in JIRA.
For plugin versions 10.1.0 and later, you must use API keys for authentication.
Note: For more information about API keys, see Enable API Key Authentication and Generate API Keys.
Note: While configuring Tenable Vulnerability Management or Tenable Security Center for Jira, if you select Asset in the Group By drop-down for every vulnerability, the integration creates a vulnerability issue and blocking link to the related vulnerable host. The integration creates a linked issue under the vulnerability host issue.
To configure Tenable Security Center:
- Log in to JIRA.
- Click > Add-ons.
In the left navigation pane, click Tenable.sc Configuration.
The Tenable.sc Configuration page appears.
Use the following table to fill in the appropriate JIRA options.
Option Name Description Input Enabled
(Optional) When enabled, Tenable Security Center starts collecting data. When disabled, Tenable Security Center stops collecting data.
Note: If you stop data collection, then start it again, Tenable Security Center provides data from the point where you previously stopped.
Check box Address The data collection source. IP address or hostname Access Key<![CDATA[ ]]> Ensures user account authentication. User access key Secret Key Ensures user account authentication User secret key Sync Since
(Optional) Specifies the start date of the vulnerability data you want to collect from Tenable Security Center. If you do not specify a start date, data collection starts from the last date you last enabled data collection.
Caution: If this option is changed, you must click the Reset Add-on button to save this change.
Lowest Severity to Store Specifies the lowest level of severity of the vulnerabilities you want to collect from Tenable Security Center.
Tenable Security Center severity levels include the following:
- info - The vulnerability has a CVSS score of 0
- low - The vulnerability has a CVSS score between -0.1 and 3.9.
- medium - The vulnerability has a CVSS score between 4.0 and 6.9.
- high - The vulnerability has a CVSS score between 7.0 and 9.9
- critical - The vulnerability has a CVSS score of 10.0
Drop-down box<![CDATA[ ]]> Query Name Specifies the user-created query name. (Case Sensitive)
Note: Select Vulnerability Detail List as the tool to use against the data from the drop-down in the top-left of the page.
Drop-down box Interval Specifies the interval, in minutes, at which JIRA queries Tenable Security Center for vulnerability data. This interval must be set between 60 and 1,440 minutes. Minutes Default Project
Specifies the project where JIRA creates new vulnerability issues.
Caution: If you change this option after initial configuration, you must click Reset Add-On to save your change.
Drop-down box Default Assignee
Specifies the user to whom the plugin automatically assigns the vulnerability issues.
Note: The list only displays users that are members of the following groups: jira-administrators, jira-software-users, jira-core-users, and jira-servicedesk-users.
Drop-down box<![CDATA[ ]]> Default Reporter
Specifies the owner of all items in Jira created from add-on.
Note: The list only displays users that are members of the following group: jira-administrators.
Drop-down box Enable Proxy
(Optional) Enables the plugin to collect Tenable Security Center data via a proxy server. If you select this option, the plug- in prompts you to enter the following:
- URL - (Required) The URL of the proxy server.
- Username - (Optional) The username that JIRA uses to connect to the proxy server.
- Password - (Optional) The password that JIRA uses to connect to the proxy server.
Note: The username and password are optional if you use a proxy without authentication.
Check box and text boxes Verify SSL If enabled, JIRA verifies the SSL Certificate in Tenable Security Center. Check box
- Click Save, or if you have changed the Default Project or Sync Since options, click Reset Add-on.
- Once the configuration is saved, the plugin creates custom fields in JIRA.