Welcome to Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning
Last updated: November 22, 2023
You can use the Tenable Core operating system to run an instance of
To get started quickly with Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning, see Get Started.
- Secure, stable platform that reduces the time to your first scan.
- Provides automatic application installation and updates via Tenable public repositories.
- Built on Oracle Linux 8.
- Targets Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards. For more information, see Default Security Configuration Standards.
- Root access is enabled on builds.
Other Tenable Core Configurations
To run a different Tenable application on Tenable Core, see:
- Tenable Core + Nessus
- Tenable Core + Nessus Network Monitor
- Tenable Core + Tenable Security Center
- Tenable Core + Tenable OT Security
- Tenable Core + Tenable OT Security Sensor
Note: Tenable does not recommend deploying multiple applications on a single instance of Tenable Core. If you want to deploy several applications on Tenable Core, deploy a unique instance for each application.
Tenable Core Operating System Version Support
To see which versions of the products are currently available on each operating system version of Tenable Core, see the Versions page.