Welcome to Tenable Core + Nessus
Last updated: September 28, 2022
You can use the Tenable Core operating system to run an instance of Nessus in your environment. After you deploy Tenable Core + Nessus, you can monitor and manage your Nessus processes through the secure Tenable Core platform.
To get started quickly with Tenable Core + Nessus, see Get Started.
- Secure, stable platform that reduces the time to your first scan.
- Provides automatic application installation and updates via Tenable public repositories.
- Built on CentOS 7.
- Targets Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards for CentOS 7 with SELinux enabled. For more information, see Default Security Configuration Standards.
- Root access enabled on builds.
Other Tenable Core Configurations
To run a different Tenable application on Tenable Core, see:
- Tenable Core + Nessus Network Monitor
- Tenable Core + Tenable.sc
- Tenable Core + Tenable.io Web Application Scanning
- Tenable Core + Tenable.ot
- Tenable Core + Tenable.ot Sensor
Note: Tenable does not recommend deploying multiple applications on a single instance of Tenable Core. If you want to deploy several applications on Tenable Core, deploy a unique instance for each application.