Manage Tenable Web App Scanning Scans
Required Additional License: Tenable Web App Scanning
Note: The topics in this section describe web application scans in the new interface only. If you activate the new interface, you can view a historical snap shot of scan configurations in the classic interface, but you can modify those configurations in the new interface only.
For information about scans in the classic interface, see Scans (Classic Interface).
Configure web application scans to collect data about your web applications for analysis. This overview walks you through the main steps you need to create, configure, launch, and manage Tenable Web App Scanning scans.
Depending on your organization, one person may perform all of the steps, or several people may share the steps.
For a demonstration on tuning for Tenable Web App Scanning scans, see the following video:
Create and launch a Tenable Web App Scanning scan
- Create a Tenable Web App Scanning scan.
- Select a scan, or scan template that fits your needs.
- Use a Tenable Web App Scanning scan type(LINK!).
- Use a Tenable-provided scan template.
Create and use a user-defined scan template.
- Configure the scan:
Configure the scan settings available for your scan template.
(Optional) To run a credentialed scan, configure credentials.
- Launch the scan.
- Monitor the scan status.
- View details about the scan's efficiency in the Notes tab.
View and manage scans
- View your scan results.
- View details about the plugin results in attachments to scan results.
- Remove legacy scans and scan results from your dashboard.
- Delete the results from a single scan job.
- Move a Scan to the Trash Folder a scan and the associated results to the Trash folder.
- Delete a scan, along with all the scan results for that scan.